Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sam Crump responds Speed Camera Operator Killing - Saddened by the tragic news, sends condolences to the victim’s family




STATE CAPITOL, PHOENIX (April 20, 2009) – Today I awoke to the tragic news that an employee of Redflex had been shot and killed while performing his work in a speed camera van on an Arizona highway. It is my understanding the suspect in the shooting has been apprehended.

It is well known I have introduced legislation to ban the use of speed cameras on Arizona’s highways. I am also aware of the escalating passions on both sides of the public debate over speed cameras. While we don’t know at this time what the motives were for this senseless killing, many have understandably speculated that it was due to anger against the speed cameras. To the extent there is any truth to that, I call on all individuals to reduce the war of words on this topic. Whatever the motives for this crime were, there is absolutely no justification for such a heinous act.

It is my hope that the culprit in this case will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But at this time of sorrow I wish to offer my condolences to the family of the victim and to his co-workers at Redflex.

1 comment:

  1. I've had the displeasure of meeting Sam Crump before. This guy is two-faced and remarkably arrogant. I seriously doubt he is capable of feeling genuine sorrow for another person.

    ReplyDelete